Council Tax Debt?

Look no further - we can help!

Appeal a Fine or Completion Notice

You can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal if you disagree with a completion notice you received.

You may also be able to appeal a fine.

Appealing a completion notice

You may get a completion notice if:

  • your home is being built
  • you’re making major improvements to your home

A completion notice tells you the date you must start paying Council Tax, because the council believes work will be completed by then.

You must appeal within 28 days of getting the notice.

Appealing a fine

You can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal if you disagree with a fine you received for not telling your council about your Council Tax when asked.

You must appeal within 2 months of getting the fine.

Asking for more time to appeal

You may be able to get the time limit extended if you can’t apply to appeal a fine or completion notice in time.

Get help

The Valuation Tribunal has guidance on:

You can also contact the tribunal for help.

Valuation Tribunal
Telephone: 0300 123 2035
Find out about call charges

When you should pay

You don’t have to pay your fine until your appeal is decided. If you’re appealing a notice, you need to pay Council Tax from the date on the notice.

can't pay council tax

The Money Advice Service is an impartial service set up by the Government. They provide free debt counselling, debt adjustment and credit information services.

Call us today on: 0800 088 2599 or our local number: (01282) 218218

Churchill House, 60 Bank Parade
Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 1TS

Council Tax Helper is a trading name of Leado. Registered in England & Wales No. 10145421. Data Protection Registration No. ZA180491

council tax help, council tax helper, council tax bands, council tax, council tax council, council tax help