Council Tax Debt?

Look no further - we can help!

Appeal a Council Tax Bill or Fine

Apply to your local council for Council Tax Reduction (sometimes called Council Tax Support).

You’ll get a discount on your bill if you’re eligible.

Council Tax Reduction replaced Council Tax Benefit in April 2013.

Find Out Your Local Council Details

Metropolitan and Local Council Authority
Unitary Local Authority Councils
District Councils

London Borough Local Authority Councils

Welsh Councils

What you need to know

  • Not available in Northern Ireland

There’s a different scheme in Northern Ireland.

You could be eligible if you’re on a low income or claim benefits. Your bill could be reduced by up to 100%.

You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.

What you get depends on:

  • where you live – each council runs its own scheme
  • your circumstances (eg income, number of children, benefits, residency status)
  • your household income – this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
  • if your children live with you
  • if other adults live with you
can't pay council tax

The Money Advice Service is an impartial service set up by the Government. They provide free debt counselling, debt adjustment and credit information services.

Call us today on: 0800 088 2599 or our local number: (01282) 218218

Churchill House, 60 Bank Parade
Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 1TS

Council Tax Helper is a trading name of Leado. Registered in England & Wales No. 10145421. Data Protection Registration No. ZA180491

council tax help, council tax helper, council tax bands, council tax, council tax council, council tax help