Council Tax Debt?
Look no further - we can help!
You’ll need to know 3 things:
- The valuation band for your home in England and Wales or in Scotland
- How much your local council charges for that band
- Whether you can get a discount or exemption from the full bill
You may be able to get Council Tax Reduction (this used to be called Council Tax Benefit) if you’re on a low income or get benefits.
You can challenge your Council Tax band if you think your home is in the wrong valuation band.
Changes that may affect your Council Tax band
Your property may be revalued and put in a different band in some circumstances, for example if:
- You demolish part of your property and don’t rebuild it
- You alter your property to create 2 or more self-contained units, for example an annexe – each unit will have its own band
- You split a single property into self-contained flats
- You convert flats into a single property
- You start or stop working from home
- The previous owner made changes to your property
- There are significant changes to your local area, like a new road being built
- A similar property in your area has its Council Tax band changed
Ask the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) if you want to know if changes to your property will affect your Council Tax band.
Call us today on: 0800 088 2599 or our local number: (01282) 218218
Churchill House, 60 Bank Parade
Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 1TS
Council Tax Helper is a trading name of Leado. Registered in England & Wales No. 10145421. Data Protection Registration No. ZA180491
council tax help, council tax helper, council tax bands, council tax, council tax council, council tax help